Sunday, July 18, 2004

expecting the unexpected

This weekend, I played/sang/led worship for my friend Lindsey and Bobby's wedding in Minnesota.  Not only did I learn that Minnesota is probably the land of over 10,000 lakes (they're everywhere), but God really showed me some amazing things that I hope last with me for a lifetime.  The first thing was this: God's family is welcoming.  I stayed with Lindsey's parents for the few nights that I was in Minneapolis.  I was completely and overwhelmingly blessed by their hospitality and the way they really accepted me as part of their family, even though I, with the exception of Christ, am completely different than they are.  It was amazing to see.  Number two: I never knew how beautiful a kiss could truly be until I watched Lindsey and Bobby kiss for the first time ever on their wedding day.  I cannot say that I could or would choose the "no kissing before we get married" thing, but I can say, that I have never witnessed a more intimate, beautiful moment between two God-loving people in my life.  It was incredible.  And finally: God chooses unexpected people to send His most amazing gifts to His children.  I was given the opportunity on the long car (well, truck) ride home to exhort and be exhorted by a brother in Christ.  God gave me a precious gift of seeing another person's face light up at the thought that I would find an amazing Godly man to become one with and with whom I would make an impact on people for God.  I had no idea God had used me to reveal a part of Himself to this person, and I also never thought that I would come away from this trip respecting and honoring this brother in Christ as much as I do now.  I am so blessed, and I pray that God will someday allow me to bless all of you who read this as He has blessed me.

1 comment:

shalinn said...

brooke- will do. i'll give you a call sometime :)