Monday, January 01, 2007

not much rhymes with 7

now that it's 2007, i decided to make a list of things/people that made 2006 for me. so, here goes...

PEOPLE:
*Thomas Hernandez (former boyfriend)
*Rustin Smith (friend/musician/teacher)
*Sarah Schultz (friend/roommate)
*Leslie Tripp (band leader/song writer/friend)
*Dylan Reiter (friend/musician)
*Mario (not Lopez/hot guy/Mexican)
*Mallory Ginn (sister)
*Christy Tatum (CFY supervisor at work)
*Maya Needham (friend)
*Erin Gurss (friend)
*A.W. (student with autism)
*Josie McClernon (coworker/friend)
*Andrew Elliott (former coworker)
*Susan and Gary Ripple (friends/pseudo parents)
*Moses (the coolest African I know)
*Morgan Spurlock (documentary film maker)

MUSIC:
*Ray Lamontagne
*Panic! At the Disco
*The Raconteurs
*OutKast
*Casey Driessen
*Mae
*The Waybacks
*The Greencards
*Lynn Miles
*Haley Dykes
*Damone
*Badly Drawn Boy

EXPERIENCES:
*finishing my Clinical Fellowship Year at work
*having a boyfriend
*rediscovering kissing
*the Mill Creek band
*ALPHA conference
*Christ Church ALPHA
*Autism conference
*Leslie Tripp (the band, the people, the music)
*living with Lucy (the dog, the pain, the legend)
*moving again
*house sitting for my aunt
*receiving unsettling letters about my future job status in the mail
*my parents moving
*working at Chick African Schule school
*small group
*seeing A Prairie Home Companion not once, but twice, and the conversation witnessed between Sarah and Donna as I was seated in the back seat of Donna's car in the parking lot after the second viewing
*seeing good friends get engaged, married, or have babies
*starting to think about what I want to do with my life and not being afraid of dreaming again

MOVIES (both discovered, and new):
*Dave Chappelle's Block Party
*Word Wars
*Wordplay
*In Her Shoes
*RIZE
*The Prestige
*The Pursuit of Happyness
*The Holiday
*V for Vendetta
*the long awaited For Your Consideration
*Prime
*Proof

OTHER FAVES:
*Project Runway
*24
*30 Days
*Tide to Go
*coffee (who knew?)
*Lipton Green Tea
*salsa dancing
*screen printing (thank you Sarah)
*$5 weekday movies at the Ward Parkway AMC
*Forever 21
*Progressive Auto Insurance
*my 1st pair of Pumas
*Take It To the Limit
*Core Rhythms
*still having a job
*Netflix


thanks to all of you for reading this blog, and being a part of my life. happy 2007!

6 comments:

Igford said...

No Dove.

Nice lists. Though I couldn't help but notice that Igford Muley was absent from the people list, despite everything that I've done for you.

I forgive you... sort of. You should know that I've now placed you on a 1 year probation. It restricts you from being able to sell or reproduce any Igford brand clothing during the year 2007. Good luck meeting your quotas now, sucker.

kimberly said...

so what's this hip hop class you talked about awhile back? i'm in.

on my list would have to be the "Shalinn plays 100 pop hits of the 90s while kim and chad sing".

donna said...

Yes, PTL for the Mill Creek Band; more fun than I even realized at the time.

And I love the referenced conversation in my car. I don't remember anything from that night except that Sarah and I were having a very normal conversation, and you laughed hysterically.

Good times...great oldies.

Erin said...

I made your list.
Wow! I mean, should I expecting a certificate in the mail or something?

kimberly said...

what about leaven? I really like bread. it's my favorite.

I have a lot of students named devin.

I also enjoy revvin my engine.

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can bruit about that I agree with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is still a definitely as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with efflux of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=belltech label maker pro 3.0 ?
I noticed the utter you have not used. Or you profit by the dreary methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg