Friday, July 21, 2006

But one of these people is having the best week ever….

(second grader, extremely smart and hilarious who henceforth shall be referred to as "He”): I liked this girl Tamia but I didn’t really want to tell my friends because they wouldn’t get it, and plus she doesn’t go to school here anymore. I liked three girls when I was in first grade, but it was just too much drama.

Me: Too much drama, huh?

He: Ya, this is like a soap opera school really.

Me: (laughing) It is, huh?

He: Ya, I found out this one girl liked me but she went Young and the Restless on me.

Me: (still laughing) Really. What do you mean by that?

He: Do you watch Young and the Restless ever?

Me: I've seen it before, but I don’t watch soap operas.

He: Well, my mom LOVES Young and the Restless. Anyway, see this girl said she wasn’t gonna waste her time liking me when I liked another girl.

Me: That makes sense I guess. You crack me up.

He: I try.

(later in the conversation I mention again that he makes me laugh)

He: I’m doing the best I can here, but I’ve already used the “Young and the Restless” line on ya, and I’m running out of material. I need some new lines.

2 comments:

kimberly said...

I love your stories shalinn. They help me not to dislike my career.

Igford said...

Ha. I think I would like this kid.